Prepare a clearly outlined, and professional presentation. Center your messaging around how tuition reimbursement will save or make the business money.
Here’s some employer-centered ideas for your presentation:
- Show how your new skills will benefit a specific major project or client.
- Show how this training will enable you to take on new, needed projects.
- Detail how this knowledge will improve your job performance.
- Calculate and present the return on investment for your training if real numbers are available.
Include in your presentation your willingness to commit to your proposed plan. Consider offering one or more of the following:
- A plan that addresses job productivity vs. the time required for this course.
- Periodic updates on your progress and grades.
- An agreement that you will remain with the company for X amount of time after course completion.